Taking Curriculum Outdoors
1 day workshop
Cairns, Kewarra Beach - Tuesday 23rd April 2024 $275
This 1 Day Workshop is suitable for Primary School Teachers, Principals, Head of Curriculum, Teachers Aides and Homeschool Educators with all workshop content mapped to the National Curriculum (ACARA) and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL).
This workshop will provide primary school educators with theoretical and practical knowledge and ideas, to embed regular outdoor learning opportunities at their school or in their learning spaces, whilst supporting ACARA and AITSL. The focus of the workshop is on planning, delivering, and reflecting on curriculum lessons taken outside of the classroom and includes resources to support progression and whole-school implementation.
The workshop Learning Outcomes are:
• Explore Nature pedagogy and foundations of nature play and learning.
• Explore the researched benefits of outdoor learning and how it actively supports children’s holistic development, resilience and wellbeing.
• Explore how to embed and timetable regular outdoor learning experiences into your curriculum programming, linking to the National Curriculum.
• Participate in a diverse range of outdoor learning ‘lessons’, across numerous curriculum subject areas.
• Share ideas, resources and recommendations for developing nature spaces, playgrounds and outdoor classrooms at your school, including developing simple playtime and outdoor learning resource kits.
• Showcase of photos and videos how other schools are doing it everyday, taking lessons outdoors and nature play spaces.
• Discuss classroom management when outdoors, with routines, empowering our students, creating boundaries, maintaining safety and risk assessments.
• Discuss how to get your colleagues, management, families and community on board.
• Develop a ‘action plan’ to record your next steps to implementation at your school.
The course is delivered by experienced, qualified trainers with extensive knowledge and expertise in Nature play and Bush Kindy programs across Queensland and beyond. Our facilitators still work in the field and share hands on experience as well of services that we partner with.
Printed course materials and digital resources are provided.
Refreshments are provided and participants are to bring their own lunch.
Printed course materials and resources are provided.
If you are booking 3 or more participants from the same single service please contact email@example.com or 0473 021 887 to attain a discount code before registering.